It’s been more than 20 years since Justin first set foot on the construction site. He didn’t have much of a choice about learning the trades with his father, brother and uncles being contractors & carpenters. Combining these learned skills with his mother’s talents as an artist quickly earned him a reputation among the ranks of creative and dedicated craftsman of the Adirondacks in upstate New York. His path evolved to include his lifelong passion for the design process which allowed Downstream to become a comprehensive Design – Build company. He now holds more than 10 years of experience managing a business that brings clients’ dreams to life. In 2016 he gained entry into the Leadville Trail 100 mile ultramarathon which lead to another big change for Downstream. Like many others before him, he fell “in-like” with Leadville due to the natural beauty, access to adventure, and down to earth blue-collar feel. Beyond that, he quickly fell “in-love” with Leadville after meeting the incredible number of people who, rather than focusing on profits, dedicate their talents and efforts to connect the community and making a positive impact in their respective fields. Justin has now proudly planted his roots in town with his beautiful wife, newborn baby-boy and equally excitable husky pup!
Fun Facts About Fred:
- Despite skiing 40+ backcountry days a year, I still get quite awkward and uncomfortable when I point things downhill.
- When I was 16, I told my guidance counselor I wanted to design & build houses. He told me that was a terrible idea and because of my math skills I needed to get rid of the tool belt and attend an engineering school (no hard feelings, nobody bats 1.000).
- In 2017 I ran the Leadville Trail 100 in 23 hrs with the most incredible level of support from friends & family.
- I thoroughly enjoy gardening and included a hybrid living room/ greenhouse space in our house here in Leadville.
- My incredibly beautiful and talented wife recently received her Master’s from Harvard and I somehow believe that makes me smarter and more qualified.
- I beat Ethan/Beef in the 2018 Fruita Trail Marathon and will never let him forget that.